I have made some changes to the appointment process as a result of the COVID-19 situation. Some prices have increased slightly due to the costs incurred by myself for extra cleaning equipment, PPE and having to allow extra time between clients.
I follow Government guidelines regarding my clinical practice and have put the recommended protocols in place. I have completed a COVID-19 awareness course as recommended by my professional association. I have carried out a risk-assessment to inform the changes I have made to clinic protocols.
High Risk Category
If you are considered to be at a high risk of COVID-19, or anyone you live with is, I may not be able to provide you with a treatment at this time. The high risk category list is below.
You are considered to be high risk if you:
- Have had an organ transplant
- Are having chemotherapy or antibody treatment for cancer, including immunotherapy
- Are having an intense course of radiotherapy (radical radiotherapy) for lung cancer
- Are having targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system
- Have blood or bone marrow cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)
- Have had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past six months or are still taking immunosuppressant medicine
- Have been told by a doctor that they have a severe lung condition such as cystic fibrosis, severe asthma, or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Have a condition that means they have a very high risk of getting infections such as severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) or sickle cell
- Are taking medicine that makes them much more likely to get infections (such as high doses of steroids)
- Have a serious heart condition and are pregnant
- NHS frontline workers or personal carers who haven’t had a recent test for Covid 19
Safety Steps Before Leaving Home
I request that all clients please follow the steps below before leaving for an appointment:
- Please complete a digital consultation form and a COVID-19 screening form prior to your appointment. I will email these documents to you. Please complete the first page of the digital consultation form and the screening form and email them back to me.
- Consultations will take place digitally via Zoom prior to your appointment, or on the telephone.
- I will then take payment for your session via card or bank transfer.
- Do not attend if you have possible or confirmed COVID-19 symptoms (we will be able to rearrange your session at no extra fee).
COVID-19 Symptoms are:
a high temperature– this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
a new, continuous cough– this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste– this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
- Please take your temperature prior to leaving home and do not attend the clinic if your temperature is elevated.
- Please wash your hands before leaving home.
- Please bring a bottle of water with you. I will not be providing water at the clinic.
Arrival at the Clinic
- Arrive as close to your appointment time as possible.
- Arrive alone to your appointment if possible.
- Follow our one-way system (entering through the main entrance as usual and exiting via our side door).
- Observe social-distancing of 1 metre where possible.
- The bathroom will be open; please inform me if you have used it. This lets me know that I have to clean it.
- Wash your hands on entering the treatment room, and on leaving. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Place your personal belongings in the basket provided prior to treatment. Please place your jacket or coat here rather than hanging it up.
Changes to treatments
All treatments will not exceed one hour in duration. All treatments will be prone and avoid the head, face and neck area. This means that some treatments are temporarily unavailable. Treatments will proceed as normal. It is advised that chatting be kept to a minimum to avoid droplet formation. When you have finished your treatment, please leave all linens on the table and dispose of your face mask in the pedal bin provided. Thank you.
Additional safety steps
I am allowing one hour between each client visit. This means that there will be less people in the building, and it gives me times to perform extra cleaning routines, for the space to dry and the disinfecting to take effect. Disposable face masks are available for £1 each. I will be wearing a face visor.
After each client, I:
- Open the window to air the room.
- Clean the surfaces and floor in the clinic room, waiting area and bathroom with disinfectant and detergent.
- Clean oil containers and mixing apparatus.
- Double-bag all client coverings used (and wash these at 60ºC later at home).
- Change my vest-top and dispose of/wash any PPE used.
Other treatment options
The following treatment options designed to reduce infection transmission risk are also available on request:
- ½ hour treatments
- clothed treatments
- I can wear disposable gloves
- distance Reiki sessions
- disposable face masks are available for £1 each if you would like to wear one