About Blue Lilac:
Blue Lilac is Helen McDonald, Holistic Therapist providing Massage Therapy, Aromatherapy massage and blending and Reiki from the Health & Holistics Clinic at Derwent House, Wakefield Road, Cockermouth CA13 0HZ. I also make natural Aromatherapy products and sell them online on my website.
This is to be transparent about why I collect your information, how I do this and how I use, process, share, safeguard and store your information.
The policy also lets you know your individual rights pertaining to your personal data. These include your right to know what data is collected and stored about you and how you can place restrictions on the use of your data.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information relating to a person. Examples of this are: name, date of birth, address and health information.
The personal data that I collect
In order to provide holistic therapy and aromatherapy services to you, I will collect, store and process your personal data. I will also collect your personal data when you contact me to enquire about my services.
How do I collect personal data?
I obtain personal data from you by a variety of means.
This may be on the telephone, via contact forms on my website, by email or when you make a booking on my online booking system (10 to 8), via a Zoom consultation, when you complete a digital booking form, during a face-to-face consultation, or when you complete a paper form.
I ensure that I have appropriate security measures in place to protect your personal information. I review your data periodically to make sure I do not keep it for longer then legally necessary. I am required to keep your notes for 7 years after the last appointment for an adult and for seven years after the age of 21 for a child, and for 15 years in the case of an adult who lacks capacity.
It is your responsibility to make sure that the information you provide me with is accurate and correct and not to withhold any relevant information.
I do not knowingly collect any data from children under the age of 16 without parental/guardian permission.
All data is processed and stored in the UK.
Why do I need your personal data?
I use your personal data to:
- Enable you to access and use the service.
- To tailor your therapy or Aromatherapy blend to your specific needs.
- To inform you of changes to your appointment time, to request payment for therapy services or products, to remind you of an upcoming appointment, to invite you to attend a digital consultation, to inform you of changes to the services I offer (e.g. changes to clinic opening hours, additional services added, new clinic policies, to provide a digital consultation service).
- I use an online booking service, 10 to 8. This allows me to have automated text messages and emails sent to you to remind you of your appointment. I input your name, telephone number and/or email address and type of therapy session into this system. By using my service you consent to the use of your personal data in this way. If you do not want your data used this way, you may opt out by informing me at any time. You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 07546370498.
- I may occasionally send you marketing materials via email. I will always give you the option of opting out of such communication with me.
How do I protect your personal data?
Information on paper consultation forms is kept in a locked filing cabinet in a locked room in a locked and alarmed building.
Digital consultation forms are stored on a computer which has paid for anti-virus software installed, is password protected and is not shared with other users.
Your telephone number may be stored on an anti-virus and password protected mobile phone.
Your data is not passed on to third parties. The only exceptions to this are my use of the 10 to 8 booking service mentioned above. In order to assist with the running of the Health & Holistics Clinic, Emma Harris (clinic owner) has access to the information that I input into 10 to 8. Emma Harris does not use, process, store or share this data in any way. The sole purpose of her having access to my 10 to 8 account is so that she can see how many clinic hours I carry out for room rental calculation purposes.
Other grounds for data sharing is that if I had legitimate reason to believe that you were intending to harm yourself or someone else. In this case, I would inform you that I was planning to inform the appropriate services prior to doing so. I would contact you via telephone or email. In a circumstance where I am required by law to share the data for law enforcement, legal or health-related reasons.
What are my grounds for collecting and processing your personal data?
I collect and use your personal data based on the legal grounds of Legitimate Interest under GDPR requirements. By using my services, or by enquiring about my services, you have expressed an interest in my business, and therefore I may communicate with you about my services. And make any necessary communications to you about appointment arrangements and product purchases.
Your have individual rights where your data is concerned under the data Protection Act 2018.
Your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed about the personal data being processed
- the right of access to your personal data
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- the right to rectification of your personal data
- the right to erasure of your personal data
- the right to receive an electronic copy of your personal data
- rights relating to automated decision making including profiling
You may exercise your rights at any time. I will not charge a fee for this, unless you make requests which are unreasonable, excessive, unfounded or repetitive. In this case, I will charge a reasonable and sensible administration fee.
In some situations, I may be unable to meet your requests. This is in the case where I am required to keep your data due to taxation, regulatory or insurance purposes.
If you wish to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, or if you have any concerns, I would be happy to discuss them with you; please contact me at Helen McDonald, Health & Holistics, Wakefield Road, Cockermouth, Cumbria CA13 0HZ or by email to email@example.com
Last updated July 2020.